WHAT TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE?
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files sent from a server to your web browser. They are stored in your browser's cache and allow a website or a third party to recognize your browser.
Cookies automatically collect certain technical information when you visit our Website, including your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our Website before, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the Website, such as the pages you access.
Different types of Cookies we use
First -party cookies and Third-party cookies are different type of cookies:
- First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by Big Life. For example, we use first-party cookies to adapt our Website to your device or language preferences and to secure your use of Website.
- Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our third-party partners and service providers. Third-party cookies may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire, based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
Session and persistent cookies are also different type of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages so you don't have to re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time like after you leave the site or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the Website, and allow Big Life recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
You can configure your desktop or mobile browser's settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies, including how to handle third-party cookies (see Managing Cookie Technologies below).
In addition to cookies, Big Life (like many other websites) may use similar technologies to allow us to achieve our mission of protecting East African wildlife and wild lands for the benefit of all:
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by the third parties.
- Email newsletter-related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services, and cookies may be used to remember you if you’re already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid for subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Order process-related cookies: This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities, and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Form-related cookies: When you submit data through a form, such as those found on a contact page or comment form, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
We use several tools (described below) to collect information about use of this Website. These tools collect information such as how often you visit this Website, what pages you visit when you do so, what elements you interact with, and what other sites you used prior to coming to this Website. We use the information we get from these tools to improve our Website, for website analysis and statistics and respond to service requests you make.
When you visit our Website, some or all of the following types of cookies may be set on your device. Cookies, like all technologies, can be swiftly replaced by more secure and performant cookies. We will use our best efforts to keep this summary list accurate up-to-date:
Essential cookies: some cookie and similar technology functions are necessary and vital to ensuring that Big Life’s Website works properly for visitors and users, such as: maintaining the security, safety, and integrity of the site and ensuring the ability to securely complete transactions. We use also cookies to help us keep your data and the Big Life website safe and secure.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Website to you, you cannot refuse them.
You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described below under the heading "Managing Cookie Technologies" blocking or deleting essential website cookies may make browsing our website a less satisfying experience. In some cases, you may even find yourself unable to use all or part of our site.
Social tools and cookies: these tools and cookies make it easier for you to log in, share content, and so we can track usage of the social network’s site from posts and ads.
Facebook: you can opt-out of Facebook tracking through https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/
Performance and Analytics cookies: Some technologies help provide performance data on how the services are functioning in order to improve Big Life’s website and services. This includes, for example, data on site functionality and speed to help us optimize our site, data on how the services are used, which helps us improve your experience on our site, and data to help us detect and gather information about bugs to help make our site work better.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to determine aggregate performance metrics about our site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
Certain cookie technologies are employed to make the site function for its intended purpose, and are provided to perform the services you have requested. These include the functions strictly necessary to the service noted above.
MANAGING COOKIE TECHNOLOGIES
You may exercise your choices regarding cookies using several options.
Please note: if you do disable cookies, the performance of the Website may be affected, and you may not be able to take advantage of the full range of services we offer.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies. On most web browsers, you will find a "help" section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Browsers and device controls
Most web browsers provide settings that allow users to control or reject cookies or to alert users when a cookie is placed on their computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser, so please check the specific steps in the “help” menu of your web browser. Since cookies are browser-specific, you may need to manage your cookies preferences across all the web browsers you use.
You also may be able to reject device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device, as available. The procedure for managing device identifiers is slightly different for each device, so please check the specific steps in the documentation relating to the device you use.
Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser's settings on the most popular browsers:
UPDATES TO THIS COOKIES POLICY
We reserve the right to update this Cookies Policy from time to time in order to reflect any changes to our Website or to comply with changes in our legal and/or regulatory obligations. We will post the revised version on the Website, with an updated revision date. By continuing to use our Website thirty days after such revisions are in effect, you will be deemed to accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
Big Life Foundation USA
1715 N Heron Drive
Ridgefield, WA 98642
Phone: +1 971-322-3326
Big Life UK
c/o Chapel & York Ltd
Unit 12 Ladycross Business Park
Surrey RH7 6PB
Big Life Foundation Canada
17474 Humber Station Road
Caledon Ontario L7E 0Z2
LAST MODIFIED: June 7, 2019